Midway: Carbon Project Agreement offering
Posted 27 June 2023
A guide to carbon sequestration and credit opportunity for Tasmanian landholders.
Midway has developed the Carbon Project Agreement offer for landholders to encourage the development of more plantation forestry across Australia, and to contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas levels in the atmosphere.
Midway's objective is to encourage the development of plantation forestry and expedite sequestration of atmospheric carbon. This commercial offering is available to landholders who are keen to support commercial forest production and participate in Australia's expanding carbon reduction market through the generation of carbon offsets.
Key requirements for eligible participants:
- A minimum of 20 hectares of suitable land for plantation forestry in Tasmania.
- Completion of proof of beneficial ownership of land and contracted counterparty by ACP.
- Successful feasibility assessment against an ERF plantation methodology conducted by ACP.
- Execution of the Carbon Project Agreement between ACP and the landholder.
- Registration of the project with the ERF by ACP.
- Registration of a forestry right over the intended plantation area by ACP.
Contact Michael Schofield, Resource Manager and Sustainability, Midway Tasmania on 0409 711 640 or email email@example.com for additional information.
Visit their website Midway Limited
Share this Article
27 August 2023
Sarah and Tom Clarke are planting trees and improving their farmland to benefit future generations
16 August 2023
Active forest management to address timber shortage and climate change
07 August 2023
New CEO appointed to Private Forests Tasmania